Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

WLAN Question

Unanswered Question
May 9th, 2012
User Badges:

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure a group of 10 access points in a building with 2 ssid's . Where the private ssid only uses the "A"radio and the public ssid can use the "a,b,or g " radio. Our Main facility uses a,b,g throughout the main campus. But I have a suspicion that there is to much cochannel interference on "b" and "g" radios causing my users to disconnect every so often. I want to test my theory by moving some of them over to the "A" radio. One of the problems I am having however is that My users take their laptops home quite often and they don't support the "A" radio and cant connect when they get home. So changing the client to only connect to the A radio is not an option either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Wed, 05/09/2012 - 07:14
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Tony,

You can try to either use client band select on the WLAN or maybe even changing the radio policy on the WLAN to 802.11a only.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Actions

This Discussion