cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS upgrade

Joli Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

I bought three 2801 routers off ebay at a good price to study for the ccna voice and eventually get my ccnp.  I just got the routers and found that the version of IOS is has is 12.4 and running CME 4.3.  How can I upgrade the IOS and CME version.  I was told that in order to get this I would need a smartnet agreement, but since I am not the original owner I can not do that.  What are my options to get the latest version of IOS and CME?                  

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, but Is not appropriate on this forum to discuss ways to obtain Cisco software other than from their official site.

You can look and discuss that somewhere else.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Talk to your local Cisco dealer....

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Joli Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get Cisco advise. I am looking for a paid way of getting the IOS.

Joli Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

According to the cisco dealer I work with they say I need a smartnet but can't get one and were not very helpful. Now my question is.  Is this information accurate and is there another way to get a smartnet?

According to 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/qa_c67-631674_ps5854_Products_End-of-Life_Notice.html SMARTnew should be available on the 2801 'till October 2015.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: