cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7937 external mic extension cord

malcolmmarcy
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is any kind of longer or extension cord for the external mics on the 7937?  From what I understand the original cords are 5' long and the connections of proprietary.

I have a site where they want to run the cords under the table instead of having them strung out across.

I've seen that polycom makes a $400 lapel mic that will work, but that sounds expensive.

Has anyone dealt with this?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Malcom,

The Cisco 7937 is a re-branded Polycom Soundstation 7000. If you Google this part# you will find lots of hits for the 25 foot replacement mic kit cables (pretty cheap as well

polycom 2200-40017-003 for 25 footer

Here is a picture of the Polycom Soundstation 7000;

http://www.polycom.com/usa/en/products/voice/conferencing_solutions/conference_phones/soundstation/soundstation_ip7000.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Malcom,

The Cisco 7937 is a re-branded Polycom Soundstation 7000. If you Google this part# you will find lots of hits for the 25 foot replacement mic kit cables (pretty cheap as well

polycom 2200-40017-003 for 25 footer

Here is a picture of the Polycom Soundstation 7000;

http://www.polycom.com/usa/en/products/voice/conferencing_solutions/conference_phones/soundstation/soundstation_ip7000.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Rob - You are hero!  Thanks so much!

Malcolm

Rob,

Do you know if that 25ft extension cable will also work with a 7936?  I believe that it is a rebranded Soundstation IP 6000, but I could not find any indication whether the 6000 and 7000 can use the same external mic cables.  Appreciate your help.

--Chris

Hey Chris,

The connectors are quite different between the 7936 and 7937 so

the part listed above won't work for your 7936's. I believe you would

need the part listed below instead ;

Polycom Microphone Cable 2200-00675-003

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Thank you Rob!  Much appreciated