cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Use UC540 wit ATT U-Verse

Arsen Gharibyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All. I've recently uprgaded my internet to ATT U-Verse and my UC540 is not working anymore cauze U-verse modem can not forward public ip (not suppotred bridging)

any ideas how can i set up UC 540 to accpet private ip so i can connecct to it to modify user settings (names on the phones extensions. etc.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What AT&T is telling is correct in regards to U-Verse

-Connect the UC540 WAN port to on of the LAN ports on the AT&T U-Verse Gateway

-Connect to the U-Verse router/gateway

-Go to Firewall

-Click on Applications, Pinholes and DMZ

-In the list click on the IP that was assigned to your UC540, if not in list then manually enter in the available space

-Scroll to the bottom and there is an option that said "Allow all applications (DMZplus mode)

-This will forward all ports that are sent the the public IP to the UC540

This is how I have my lab UC540 working at my home

--

Mario Garcia

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ATT should let you do port forward without any  issue. Otherwise use a router that does.

Bridging has nothing to do with that.

thanks for reply but ATT said they have only one router vor U-Verse

businesses and its imposible to forward ip (there is no option for it )

so basicly uc540  routing betwen 69.x.x.x and 192.168.1.x

but att router send out 192.168.0.x  ( cannot use another router it will not work wit U-Verse)

i thought att router and uc540 needs to be dridged

any ideas ?

im not able to manage phones like change the names on it or extensions

can u help me providing link to CLI commands wich will allow me to modify them ?

Sorry, I never heard of an ISP that doesn't let you configure port-forward, or use a router that does. If that is the case, (but I doubt it is), you may want to choose another provider.

Anyway to access you can use services like logmein, teamviewer, or many others.

thanks

yeah thats what ATT told me over the phone when i called ATT and asked where is the option in the router to forward ip ? thay said sorry that router doesnt support that feature, but im assuming if i buy WIC card that might help right ?

also i need to access CME to modify the user accounts not computer but  i have access to uc540 onlu thru console port (uc540 is on 192.168.10.0 network and my computer is on 192.168.0.0 network wich im geting from ATT router so im not able to comunicate with UC540)

You don't neet to buy anything, just configuration.

I recommend that since it appears your are not familair with networking to seek help from someone that is.

What AT&T is telling is correct in regards to U-Verse

-Connect the UC540 WAN port to on of the LAN ports on the AT&T U-Verse Gateway

-Connect to the U-Verse router/gateway

-Go to Firewall

-Click on Applications, Pinholes and DMZ

-In the list click on the IP that was assigned to your UC540, if not in list then manually enter in the available space

-Scroll to the bottom and there is an option that said "Allow all applications (DMZplus mode)

-This will forward all ports that are sent the the public IP to the UC540

This is how I have my lab UC540 working at my home

--

Mario Garcia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: