Views
Helpful
Replies

Increasing VCAT size on CE-1000-4

Stephen King
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

here is my delima. I have a CE-1000-4 cards with three provisioned ckts . Two provisioned as STS-1-2v, one provisioned as an STS-1-10v, Looking at the current provisioning, I should be able to increase the STS-1 count on one of the STS-1-2v ckts to bring it up to a full 1Gb throughput, 23 total STS's. However, when I try to do an add member in either CTM or CTC, it won't let me add more than 19 STS's. What gives? I shoud have at least 15 STS's left over. The Node is using an XC-VXC (10G) cross connect card. and TCC2P. STS-1 Matrix usage is 125 of 1152.                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan Gadwood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I am understanding this correctly you are trying to increase the STS-1-2v to a 1Gb rate. A STS-1-21 is a full Gb rate. Are you saying it wont let you make it more than a STS-1-19v or it wont let you add more than 19 to the current. If it won't let you add more than 19 more than that makes sense since it would put the STS-1-2v up to a STS-1-21v.

See link below for specifications about STS-1-21v on the CE1000-4 card

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/optical/ps5724/ps2006/product_data_sheet0900aecd803be611.html

Hope this helps.

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ryan Gadwood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I am understanding this correctly you are trying to increase the STS-1-2v to a 1Gb rate. A STS-1-21 is a full Gb rate. Are you saying it wont let you make it more than a STS-1-19v or it wont let you add more than 19 to the current. If it won't let you add more than 19 more than that makes sense since it would put the STS-1-2v up to a STS-1-21v.

See link below for specifications about STS-1-21v on the CE1000-4 card

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/optical/ps5724/ps2006/product_data_sheet0900aecd803be611.html

Hope this helps.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan,

I went looking for the data sheet yesterday and couldn't find it. I guess I need a new math refresher class..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: