Playing a video on a 4400 DMP using HTML and video stored on webserver?

Unanswered Question
May 11th, 2012

I've created a PHP script to allow our users to mange their own content make their own playlists without them having to use our DMM. The script gets inputs from them for things like images and URL's and how long it will display those items. It then writes another PHP file which I set as the lone playlist item in the DMM. This way they can make changes at will with no chance of breaking anything in the DMM. The script basically just rotates their images and scripts by changing the inner.html of the body on the page. I have URL's and images working fine. I need to get videos working in the same manner. This means I need to be able to point to an HTML file on our webserver that plays a video that is also stored on that webserver. I thought I'd found a solution but there's one problem I can't get around. There are some references to playing through a javascript library tivella.js . The problem is that every reference I find seems to that script shows the DMP accessing it internally <src="tivella/tvzilla/js/tivella.js">  Is there a way for an external HTML file to reference this js file?  Is there a way to copy that JS file to my web server?  Are there any other options to play a video through HTML vs. as a playlist item on the DMM? 

Dave

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sdhanral Fri, 05/11/2012 - 12:44

Dave,

Not sure if the larger subset audience over here have tried what you are trying to configure but have looked at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14752, This document has a Java script/HTML code that allows you to play content stored locally on the DMP storage. May be you can utilize the code there and reference the local video URL with your HTTP URL.

Also the tivella is a Web browser in the DMP it will render the Web content fine but you may want to utilize the media player function for displaying the video - just a thought.

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted May 11, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:
Views:951 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: video, digital, 4400g, 4400, dmd
+