cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to enable transcoding using the CCA.

Reprovoid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.I have little knowledge of using the CLI when It comes to Voice configurations so for now I'm using only the CCA.

I've setup a UC540W and everything Is working fine.Their Is a problem with the bandwidth however so I've been forced to used g729 on the SIP trunk.

I cannot access AA and Voice mail and from what I've understood , they require G.711 Ulaw.Is there a way I can enable transcoding through the CCA?

3 Replies 3

Hi,

When you select the SIP trunk protocol g729 it should enable the transcoding if it is not created you can try to delete and recreate the SIP trunk. Also you can try with enabling the conference with g729.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

The conference will not help. If you enable conference the CCA will create profile dspfarm profile profile-identifier conference.

As Alexander told you enable SIP trunk to support g729 and see do you have transcoding profile. If you do not have it you could do it manual on CLI

SCCP: Enabling DSP Farm Services for a Voice Card

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. voice-card slot

4. dsp services dspfarm

5. exit

SCCP: Configuring SCCP for Cisco Unified CME

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. sccp local interface-type interface-number [port port-number]

4. sccp ccm {ip-address | dns} identifier identifier-number [port port-number] [version version-number]

5. sccp ccm group group-number

6. bind interface interface-type interface-number

7. exit

8. sccp

9. exit

Configuring DSP 

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. dspfarm profile profile-identifier transcode [security]

4. codec codec-type

5. maximum sessions number

6. associate application sccp

7. no shutdown

8. sccp ccm group group-number

9. bind interface interface-type interface-number

10. associate ccm identifier-number priority priority-number

11. associate profile profile-identifier register device-name

12. keepalive retries number

13. switchover method {graceful | immediate}

14. switchback method {graceful | guard timeout-guard-value | immediate | uptime uptime-timeout-value}

15. switchback interval seconds

16. exit

17. telephony-service

18. sdspfarm units number

19. sdspfarm transcode sessions number

20. sdspfarm tag number device-number  ( device name from step 11. )

21. end

Hi.I've attached the current startup config.I'm still having trouble with the auto attendant and voice mail.I receive an unknown number when trying to access them.I've tried enabling g711 ulaw as main and alternate codec but I still can't access them.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: