Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Want to use LWAPP Bridge on mobile cart in our wireless deployment.

Unanswered Question
May 11th, 2012
User Badges:

Want to use LWAPP Bridge on mobile cart in our wireless deployment.

Question.

I have several mobile carts that use an automous AP in bridge mode to connect to our wireless network. The cart machine connects to the ethernet port in the AP. We use this for ultrasound carts, moble video units, cardio-echogram machines. I need the same functionality, but I want to have the AP(s) be LWAPP for better managability and troubleshooting capabilities. I plan to put them in their own AP group.

How can I do this? Thank you in advance.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
blakekrone Fri, 05/11/2012 - 11:30
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

How you have it is the correct way to use it. Unfortunately there isn't a "workgroup bridge" mode for LWAPP/CAPWAP APs. The AP mode called "bridge" on the WLC is used for mesh APs.

Wilfred Todd Smith Fri, 05/11/2012 - 11:44
User Badges:

How is this going to be possible in the future. There is not an automous code for the clean air APs is there?

blakekrone Fri, 05/11/2012 - 11:47
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

No, but there is for the 1262 and 1142 which won't be discontinued for awhile yet probably. Most newer items are starting to have wireless cards installed in them thus removing the need for bridges, this is a trend that we will probably see more of going forward.

Wilfred Todd Smith Fri, 05/11/2012 - 11:56
User Badges:

I am glad I have a stash of 1142s now as I am equally sure that the equipment will not be upgraded to include a network card until the next refresh and for medical equipment that can be quite a long lifespan.

Thanks!!!

Actions

This Discussion