Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Operations Manager shows CUCM as Unknown MDF Type

Hi All,

I would like to get some help with regard to our latest updates on the CUCM to 8.6.2.20000-2 from 8.0.3. The upgrade had no problem and went smoothly.

We have the Management Suite software with Unified Operations Manager and Unified Service Monitor versions 2.3. The problem is with Operations Manager 2.3 as the Service Level View Drawing was gone. I doubled check the monitored devices and found out the CUCM is now an Unknown MDF type.

I do have some of those problems before the update but those are for my switches (Nexus 5K, C4507 with Sup7-E, Gateways 2921 and 3921 Routers, etc.) are all showing unknown MDF type, but I did not bother because the CUCM 8.0.3 cluster was showing.

Anyone got any idea how to fix this issues?

Thanks,

Ramon

4 Replies 4

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ramon,

You need to have higher version of Cisco Unified Operation Manager to mange CUCM versions

8.6, 8.5 and 8.0. So you need to upgrade the CUOM to 8.6. If you refer to the document below, you'll see this note>

"The backup and restore features are supported only from version 2.3 and 8.0 to 8.5"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_operations_manager/8.5/installation/guide/install.html

So probably it will be best to upgrade to 8.5 and then to 8.6.

Regards,

Tere.

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hi Tere,

Thanks for the reply it was helpful.

By the way, I would also like to check about licensing for the upgrade from 2.3 to 8.6. Any idea if I need to buy new licenses or just need to rehost my old license through licensing@cisco.com

Thanks,

Ramon

Yes, you can e-mail the licensing team to rehost the license.

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hi Tere,

I have made an upgrade to 8.5 from 2.3 and migrated my license. I applied the patch for the 2.3 license to be used but it seems to be not working at all as I am still being prompted that I am using evaluation license.

I have also emailed licensing team but they practically told me to order for a license upgrade. So basically we need to pay for that upgrade.

In my own opinion this is just not right, for software that supports CUCM, UCONN, UCCX, etc. versions 8.0 will not support software update to cover up to latest realease. If the client only requires CUCM, UCONN and UCCX upgraded, they also need to upgrade the Management Suite which is not free at all. The software should still use 2.3 but will be updated to cover 8.6 platforms.

Regards,

Ramon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: