cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP: Web Directory Not Showing Extensions...

carscadden
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 7.1(5)

It appears end user extensions won't display in the web directory when they don't have an associated device. This presents an issue for misc entries such as those that point to department hunt pilots, etc..

I suspect that it's related to having Web Dialer enabled (as it changes all extension entries to a hyperlink), so we disabled the service, however the behavior remains. I don't currently have access to another cluster I can test on.

Anyone with thoughts on this, or that can test on their cluster please share.

Thanks,

Brian

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you saying you do not see some extensions in corporate directory on the phone?

If so the way these are populated is based on what you have defined under end users in CUCM, if there are phones not tied to end users those will not show up there.  You need to create end users for those, and if you are LDAP integrated with current version of CUCM you would need to create AD user accounts for those.

You can always explore 3rd party directoriy applications as well or build your own.

HTH,

Chris

I'm talking abou the web directory via the CCMUser pages, non-AD integrated.

Brian,

It is the same directory, so same rules described above apply.

Chris

So without a device association the directory won't show directory entries?  I type a user ID, name and telephone number ... but until I do the device association it just won't work?  Who's writing this software (!?)

Never heard of this before ... doesn't sound right.

You do not need to associate the device, you need to have a user defined with telephone number field populated.

Chris

This is contrary to what TAC is telling me. The SE said I must associate a device to an End User in order for the number in the Telphone Number field to appear in the directory.

So for users that are voicemail only, or any hunt pilots, or general directory entries that are not tied to a phone - the extension will NOT appear. Again, it's what I'm seeing, and what TAC is telling me.

If this is accurate it must have changed in recent releases as this is the first time I'm hearing it...

Do you have an end user configured for these "common" phones and telephone number attribute defined?  That is all you need, the actual phone association under "controlled devices" is not needed.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

That's what I'm trying to do and it's not working. Please see my original post. This appeared to be a bug, or perhaps a limitation when Web Dialer is enabled. However even when disabling the Web Dialer service the issue still occurs.

I also have TAC telling me the same thing, but I suspect a language barrier. I don't think they understand the issue.

Thanks,

Brian

Is this Business Edition deployment or something? Because I have not see this issue on regular deployments.

Chris

No ... per above:

CUCM 7.1(5)

Try turning on Web Dialer and see if it displays the Telephone Number value for End Users not associated to a device.

Update ... had the case escalated with TAC...

A senior voice SE had a better grip on this one. Looks like it's tied to Web Dialer as I suspected. Looks like Web Dialer changes the web directory from the telephone number entry to the extension of an associated device only. So no device association, no number.

Awaiting confirmation as to how the software "should" behave, what version this changed in, and what our options are.

My take ... it's a big nuisance and a bad design. Completely levels any non-device-associated entries you have.

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: