cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Windows - SSO

ahautzmayer
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible with the Cisco Jabber Client for Windows Release 1.0 to Support Single Sign ON (Smartcard).

Or at least in which Release is SSO planned.

Thx

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont see Cisco Jabber for Windows released yet but as per the talk going on here, yes SSO will be supported in the first release of Jabber for Windows.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont see Cisco Jabber for Windows released yet but as per the talk going on here, yes SSO will be supported in the first release of Jabber for Windows.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Thx

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Gajanan,

We have deployed Cisco Jabber for Windows and we are looking at our authentication options.  Our customer uses biometric login for their PC's to their AD passwords change regularly and they do not actually know what they are.  Do you know if Jabber can be set to use Windows crednetials to authenticate?  I would also like to know if Jabber can be configured to use SSO and if so what are the options?

Thanks in Adance

Chris

Chris,

you can use windows credentials. It involves using the jabber-config.xml file.

here is a sample of what would be needed in the directory section.

Instructions can be found on page 51 of the Jabber for Windows Administration Guide...

EDI

IP.OF.YOUR.SERVER

IP.OF.YOUR.SERVER

Thansk for the response Craig.  I had read this but presumed that this only related to authenticating off the AD server for directory lookups.  The place we would liekto get to is that the user does not need to enter any usernames or passwords in the Jabber client at all.  The CUCM & Unity Connection will be LDAP Syncronised and Authenticated so I presmure this will all work.  I am going to setup a lab and test.  If anyone is interested in the results let me know and I can post them.

Sorry about that, was misreading (mis-answering I might say ) your question. That is definately for Directory lookups only. Not sure on SSO, sorry about that.

Hi all,

1/ I really miss a step by step instruction on how to configure a proper SSO for the last Jabber 9.0.1 for Windows.

2/ Furthermore, when the jabber-config.xml is configured with

presence

I already need to log manually into the telephony service on the Jabber. How can I see if the config file is loaded properly ?

3/ Should desktop sharing already work in the actual Jabber  version?

On the installed clients the icon is greyed out, even all the checkboxes in the cucm devices and  into the SIP Profile to enable sharing are enabled.

Thank you for your reply

Jacky

EDI

http://server_name.domain/%%uid%%.jpg

true

true

.exe;.msi;.mp3

false

presence

presence

Hi There Cmcinally,

I was wondering if you ever got anywhere with your Jabber/SSO idea? We've been a WebEx Connect/Jabber shop for about a year and a half, and having to update your AD password in the Jabber client everytime our users have to change their passwords is causing us a lot of pain. I've been asking our Cisco reps about this every time I have a chance and never get a good answer. Just noticed your post and hoping someone might have solved this.

Thanks!

Jim

Hi,

We are testing 9.0.1 , does this version support SSO (in other words IWA) ?

thanks

Behic

Did you figure out if single sign on is working in this release and how to configure it? We would like the users to not have to enter a username/password when signing on.

Hi,

Single Sign On for CUPS and CUCM is not available in the 9.0.1 release of Cisco Jabber for Windows. It is being targetted for the next release.

Thanks,

Domhnall

Currently SSO in Cisco Jabber is for Cloud Deployment only. SSO for On-Prem(CUPS) deployment, as mentioned by Domhnail is targeted for the next major release of Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.1 around Q3 this year.

Regards,

Jas

Jas,

Are there any updates that you can provide regarding SSO for On-Prem CUPS deployment?  Unfortunately, SSO didn't make it in the 9.1 release, so I am really hoping that it will be in the next minor/major release.  Our company is currently comparing features and functionalities to Lync and don't want this issue to be a decision point for one over the other!

Any update and pushed commitment by Cisco would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Arras V. Martin

subash cobi
Level 1
Level 1

Any updates of when Jabber for Window (On Premise) would have SSO feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: