We are testing out Jabber 8.6 for iPhone and Android. The CUCM version is 7.1.5 and CUPS is 8.6. The CUCM version might be old but it's listed as supported version on Cisco Jabber release notes.
Issues we are having is Jabber client couldn't be heard by the remote party. If I call a deskphone from Jabber, I can hear the deskphone but the deskphone can not hear me. This happens both to iPhone and Android version. When Jabber calls another Jabber, they can't hear each other. It seems Jabber doesn't send audio at all.
So we put a wireshark on the Deskphone side, and we didn't see and audio from Jabber to deskphone. However, when putting a wireshark on the Android phone during the call from Android to iPhone, we DID see the both way g.711 traffic, even though they couldn't hear each other.
It's not the firewall because: 1, CUPC 8.6 works on the same network without audio issue. 2, Cisco mobile 8.0 works on the same iphone, same network without audio issue; 3, Android and iPhone are connected to the same wireless AP having the same IP range during the testing.
We limit the RTP port to a smaller range in SIP profile. It works well with CUPC, CIPC, but it doesn't work well with Jabber. Jabber seems to be able to pick a random UDP port out of this range.