cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber on Samsung Galaxy SII - OneWayAudio

Henk.Lasker_2
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Jabber 8.6.1.842 on a Samsung Galaxy SII (model GT-I9100) (Android Version 2.3.3)

When I initiate a call from a Cisco phone (79xx) I get One-Way-Audio (audio only from the 79xx to the Samsung)

When I initiate a call from the Samsung to a 79xx phone, there is no problem

So I installed the same Jabber version on a HTC (Android version 2.2), and used the same device-id as the Samsung, connected and there

was no problem, normal two-way-audio.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

My quick reaction is that there is an issue with this version of Jabber in combination with the Samsung Galaxy SII

I use CUCM version 8.5.1.11900-21

thx for the help in advance

Henk

32 Replies 32

Hi.

Same problem here.

All other features work fine (voicemail, LDAP search etc)

Tried to factory reset the phone and install Jabber only.

Tried to install the latest release of Phon firmware from Samsung, but the issue is still there.

Any point?

THX

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I am experiencing the same problem on Jabber 8.6.1.842 with Samsung Galaxy SII using CUCM

System version: 8.6.1.10000-15

Same problem here. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S i9000 With Android 2.3.3 with CUCM 8.5(1)SU2. I even installed the correct COP file on the CUCM, but it doesn't seem to help. I also get one-way audio when calling to/from the PSTN. The only way I get 2-way audio is when calling from Jabber to an internal extension.

If anybody has a solution, please let us know!

Hi.

In your case I think it'san android version problem. I tried Jabber on a Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with a version 2.2.1 and it worked just fine.

My I9100 has a 2.3.1 and has the above issue.

I asked Samsung support for a 2.2.1 version for my S2.

Hope this will solve this issue.

I'll keep you informed.

Regards

Carlo

@ Carlo : Please keep us posted as to the feedback from Samsung.

I however feel that I will not downgrade Android, just to support the Jabber application.

Hi All Friends,

I need some guidence regarding Jabber for Android

We are using Cisco UC520 router for VOIP, Now I want to use Cisco Jabber with UC520, We have Android Phone & we want to configure Jabber with UC520 & want to place & receive call from My android phone by UC520, I Installed Jabber on My Samsung Galaxy phone,  but I am not sure where to start, I have the TFTP server address. What do i enter in the device id field in Jabber ?

Can anyone help me

Does I need more configuration on UC520 for using Jabber ?  I have below software on Cisco UC520, Can we use CIsco Jabber on this Software,

coinop-uc520#sh telephony-service
CONFIG (Version=4.2(0))
=====================

Version 4.2(0)
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

coinop-uc520#sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(11)X

5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

System image file is "flash:uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.XW5"

Hi Vikrant,

Jabber on Cisco CME/UC500 is not supported yet, see:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2090332

Regards

henk

Hi Hunk,

Thanks for responding,

usmantaokeer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing almost the same issue, i have Jabber 8.6.1.842 running on Galaxy S2 2.3.4. I am actuallly unable to register the phone with our CUCM 8.5.1.10000-26, i have configured the phone as 'Cisco Dual Mode for Android' and the phone does not even register, i have nothing in CUCM logs as well. But if i configure the Phone as 'Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone' the phone is able to register (as an iphone) but then i get one-way audio intermitten.

I tested on Sony Xperia Arc as 'Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone' and it works fine!!. I am confused!!!

Any suggestions / Help?

TIA.

Regards,

Mani

martijnbuts
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem here. With the original software the jabber had a one way voice problem. The solution for the problem was to switch from the original software to Cyanogen mod. When I use the Cyanogen mod software I have two way sound. Other people that use the Cyanogen mod software also don’t experience the problem.

andibloch
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same Problem. But I found something interesting in the Release Notes:

Cisco Jabber for Android is not supported with Android OS version 2.3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/cisco_jabber/Android/86/Cisco_Jabber_Android_8_6_x_RN.html

Hi.

I tried both a Cyanogen MOD and a 2.2 Android version on my S2 and Jabber works great with both releases.

Roll back to 2.3  with the same result... One way audio.

I'll keep my cyanogen MOD.

HTH

Bye

Carlo

Henk.Lasker_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I received good news from Cisco today.

They are working on version 8.6.2 Beta

They tested this version in combination with the Galaxy S2 - Android 2.3.3, and 2-way-audio is working now.

The release date is not known yet (hope soon)

Regards

Henk

Hi Henk.

Very good news.

+ 5 points

Regards

Carlo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: