cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)?

PauliRiikonen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm curious to know if there are any plans to make an Android 4 version of the Cisco Jabber client. If so, do you have any estimates on release date?

Best regards,

Pauli

27 Replies 27

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Pauli,

Last Jabber support android 2.3. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/8_6/Cisco_Jabber_Android_8_6_4_RN.html

For Android 4 , no news is yet released. More proper place to ask raod map related query is contacting your Cisco sales team.

regards

Ronak patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am contemplating running Cisco jabber 8.6.4 on CUCM 8.2.1a

Has anyone been able to successfully run this on a (non Samsung Galaxy) android 4 device?  

Asking this because the Cisco Jabber 8.6.4 release notes say:

To obtain the latest Cisco Jabber for Android client software, visit the Google Android Market and search for Jabber. Your device must run either Android operating system (OS) 2.2 or 2.3 to access and use the Cisco Jabber application.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

jc.saavedra
Level 1
Level 1

No news about Jabber for Android 4.0 ?

Hi,

Support of Android may come soon with 4.0.3. July is the release month. Let us wait and watch the release. It is under testing with Samsung Galaxy S2 (9100P) with Android 4.0.3. This is tentative information and  We have to wait and see when actual supports comes.

regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

ICS support will be there, but as Ronak pointed out there are some open defects in the Android Kernel for ICS that need to be resolved first.  July is a tenative date for release.

Chiming in here to see if July is still targeted.  I'm trying to get this running on a Samsung Epic Touch 4G (Galaxy S2 on Sprint), and am getting the error

Please check your internet calling settings.  If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

I'm the administrator.

I've verified that the phone can connect to CUCM (TFTP is configured with IP address, so ruling out DNS issues).

Installed the newest version on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean (Cyanogenmod 10 ROM).  It "works", but the in-call dial-pad is extremely flakey in regards to responding to keypresses.  Everything else appeared to work, but this was a deal-breaker. 

If any of the Cisco devs are monitoring this thread, note, you should be preventing install on devices you haven't either confirmed as successfuly working, or ones you know will not work (block by OS version).  As an Adnroid developer releasing to the market, it is absolutely possible for you to prevent the headaches we're going through by blocking the ability to install on kernel versions that you know will not work.

We are building an integrated VXI, BYOD and UC offering, and need to test a number of Android devices in our labs, the first being an Asus Transformer TF101 running ICS 4.0.3. Can we get an early release of the Jabber for Android client to install and test ourselves. You cant download from Google Play

Hi,

Did you test Jabber for Samsung Galaxy Note ? I still have a problem.

Thank you,

Ade

Hi Ronak,

Is there any update? we are testing jabber for andriod integration inour corporate environmemt with the following 3 devices:

Samsung Galaxy SII - android 2.1.3

Samsung Galaxy SIII - android 4.0.3

HTC one X - android 4.0.3

Jabber works fine on the SII but will not work on any of the newer devices. We are trying to showcase the strengths of Cisco telephony, and the lack of jabber support on any device other than 3 old and near end-of-life devices is extremely frustrating!

samuel.suen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I upgrade my Samsung Note into 4.0.4. The Jabber can eventually register into my CM8.0. And I can make voip call to other IP Phone via my Andriod Jabber. You can try on it. (FYI, I tested it under ICS 4.0, but it cannot work on Jabber). However, it seems Cisco does not officially support on ICS4.0. Any Cisco SE can tell us when it is officially support on ICS 4.0?

Samuel

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for your information, today I tried to upgrade my note and running well.

Ade

Petrus Botes
Level 1
Level 1

I've noticed that with my Samsung Galaxy Note on 4.0.4 that when using my Jabber I do seem to have some sound issues afterwards... For instance after putting my phone into silent mode and taking it back out again, I would see the phone going into silent mode everytime I received a call after that. After eventually closing down Jabber and restarting it the problem went away.

Also my sound seems to go "softer" after using Jabber... When receiving a call it would not ring as loud as it should. Almost sounds like it rings via the earpiece and not the speaker.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Petrus Botes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vivek

You need to be on kernel 4.0.4 for it to work. S3 in most countries already have 4.0.4 out. Not sure about S2.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: