Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Cisco Jabber registration fails.

Answered Question
Jul 15th, 2011
User Badges:

Hi, I have a problem with Cisco Jabber application on Android.It fails to registrate to CCM.

CCM version is 8.5, Cisco Jabber is 8.6.1, I followed documentation

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/cisco_jabber/Android/86/Cisco_Jabber_Android_8.6.x_Admin_Guide.html#wp810478

And everything seems right. DNS is working, I can reach CCM web portal on phone web browser.

Do you have some tips how to troubleshoot, for example which logs is RTMT would be useful, or if there are any logs on Jabber.

Any help would be appreciated

Correct Answer by abraham1982 about 5 years 11 months ago

I changed the CUCM hostname under System->Server-> to the IP Address of the CUCM and now the Jabber client is registered and getting the DN. But I am unable to make or receive calls.

Any Help.

Regards,

Abraham

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
bvanturn Fri, 07/15/2011 - 03:36
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Jan,

I would start with a sniffer capture on CUCM so you can see the sip traffic. If you feel like you can also check the CallManager logs.

Correct Answer
abraham1982 Fri, 09/16/2011 - 03:42
User Badges:

I changed the CUCM hostname under System->Server-> to the IP Address of the CUCM and now the Jabber client is registered and getting the DN. But I am unable to make or receive calls.

Any Help.

Regards,

Abraham

JohnPeca18 Wed, 09/21/2011 - 07:16
User Badges:

Hi, thank you very much, after months of failures, this advise helped. We changed CUCM hostname to IP address and Jabber registered. We are also able to make and receive calls.

abraham1982 Thu, 09/22/2011 - 09:52
User Badges:

Is your jabber client working as a primary device or an adjunct one which is associated to a deskphone and acting like a shared line.

Can you list the steps you took to craete this. if you dont mind

Abraham

abraham1982 Wed, 10/05/2011 - 01:52
User Badges:

I got it... the Jabber client works fine on a Samsung Galaxy

Actions

This Discussion