cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber registration fails.

JohnPeca18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a problem with Cisco Jabber application on Android.It fails to registrate to CCM.

CCM version is 8.5, Cisco Jabber is 8.6.1, I followed documentation

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/cisco_jabber/Android/86/Cisco_Jabber_Android_8.6.x_Admin_Guide.html#wp810478

And everything seems right. DNS is working, I can reach CCM web portal on phone web browser.

Do you have some tips how to troubleshoot, for example which logs is RTMT would be useful, or if there are any logs on Jabber.

Any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I changed the CUCM hostname under System->Server-> to the IP Address of the CUCM and now the Jabber client is registered and getting the DN. But I am unable to make or receive calls.

Any Help.

Regards,

Abraham

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jan,

I would start with a sniffer capture on CUCM so you can see the sip traffic. If you feel like you can also check the CallManager logs.

I changed the CUCM hostname under System->Server-> to the IP Address of the CUCM and now the Jabber client is registered and getting the DN. But I am unable to make or receive calls.

Any Help.

Regards,

Abraham

Hi, thank you very much, after months of failures, this advise helped. We changed CUCM hostname to IP address and Jabber registered. We are also able to make and receive calls.

Is your jabber client working as a primary device or an adjunct one which is associated to a deskphone and acting like a shared line.

Can you list the steps you took to craete this. if you dont mind

Abraham

I got it... the Jabber client works fine on a Samsung Galaxy