Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Configure Cisco Jabber with Cisco UC520

Vikrant Ambhore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All Experts,

We are using Cisco UC520 router for VOIP, Now I want to use Cisco Jabber with UC520, We have Android Phone & we want to configure Jabber with UC520 & want to place & receive call from My android phone by UC520, I download & Install on My Android phone,  but I am not sure where to start, I have the TFTP server address. What do i enter in the device id field in Android ?

at the moment I have Version 4.2(0) Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express But I am going to update it to CUE is 8.2

Can anyone help me ?

5 Replies 5

Prashanthi Velpula
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vikrant,

Hoping you are doing well.

Firstly thank you fo contacting Cisco Support Community. Below is a brief sumamry on the query:

The Cisco Jabber for Android is designed in order to work with Cisco Call manager and Cisco Unity Connection.

CIsco Jabber for Andoid includes following limitations and restrictions. Below is the resource link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/cisco_jabber/Android/86/Cisco_Jabber_Android_8.6.x_Admin_Guide.html#wp808617

As per the above link:

Telephone integration with call manager versions 6.1.5, 7.1.5, 8.0.3, 8.5, and 8.6 ONLY

Hope the above was informative. Please let me know if you have any further queries and we will be more than happy in assisting further on the same.

Thanks and Regards

Prashanthi Velpula

Hello Prashanthi Velpula,

Thanks for your reply, I have Upgradre to CUE 8.2 but i am still confused for device ID in this Application, I downloaded it to deice, ran it, could not set it up. what ID should i put as device id?

I know only TFTP server I didn't get any Idea for Device ID ?

I assumed it reads system name like Galaxy S or E20i or MAC address of Android phone so i tried but It's Not working saying "Please Check your Internet Calling Setting  and try again"

Not sure where is issue,

Please help If you can

Regards

Vikrant

Hi Vikrant,

Cisco Jabber for Android telephony integration is with Cisco Call Manager

++ Doesnt work for Ciso Call manager express

If the configuration you are trying to achieve is with Call Manager, below is the resource link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/cisco_jabber/Android/86/Cisco_Jabber_Android_8.6.x_Admin_Guide.html#wp809335

Hope the above if informative.

Thanks and Regards

Prashanthi Velpula

Hi Prashanthi,

We had CUCME Ver. 7.1.0 on Cisco 3845 Router in office so can we implement Jabber in office.

Can we do that or not?

Regards,

Prashant Patel

Hi Prashant,

CUCME version 7.1.0 means Call Manager Express

Cisco Jabber is an IP telephony endpoint that is configured in Cisco Unified Communications Manager

There is a limitation in regards to platform support for Cisco Jabber for Android:

*** Telephony Integration is with Cisco Unified Communications Manager versions 6.1.5, 7.1.5, 8.0.3, 8.5, and 8.6 and below is the resource link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/cisco_jabber/Android/86/Cisco_Jabber_Android_8.6.x_Admin_Guide.html#wp1307732

Hope the above helps

Thanks and Regards

Prashanthi Velpula

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: