Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial format from tandberg C20 to Polycom

Douglas Barboza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question about the dial format to call from a Cisco/Tandberg C20 to a Polycom H323 device.

I tryied to call using the following formats:

Public_IP##extention

extention##Public_IP

Public_IP!extention

Public_IP@extention

The didn't work at any time. I'm not sure if the format is correct.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Did you try setting the C20 call setup mode to direct and only call the public ip of the polycom unit?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

In addition to Magnus' comment; if your C-system has an earlier firmware version than TC4.2, then it cannot do URI dialling unless it's registered to a GK, VCS etc as h.323cs was not supported in earlier software releases.

Also note the PLCM system has to be registered to a GK or similar to be able to receive URI type of calls.

Older PLCM systems also does not support Annex O URI dialling, which is the standard, and this is the only type of URI dialling which is supported by C-series.

Annex O: Alias@domain or you can also use Alias@GK_IP_address.

IP_address##Alias is PLCM proprietary "URI dialling" and will not work from a C-series.

You can, if you're using a VCS-C/VCS-E set-up, allow PLCM systems to call you using IP_address##Alias by doing a presearch transform on the VCS-E which transforms this address to Annex O type address.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: