cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice to Cisco Employees posing questions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Would it be possible to post an advice screen for Cisco Employees when they post ?

I understand they need to find answers for them and their Customers, but some of their questions are a bit embarassing, e.g. "How do I configure OSPF?".

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the old interface there was a banner when you wanted to create a new discussion, but I just tried it and now you don't get anything if you try to create a new thread.

I do agree that old warning about posting should come back, I mean, we have plenty of internal resources we can use instead.

java

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Ocular Sun Protective Factor

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the old interface there was a banner when you wanted to create a new discussion, but I just tried it and now you don't get anything if you try to create a new thread.

I do agree that old warning about posting should come back, I mean, we have plenty of internal resources we can use instead.

java

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear friends,

Personally, I like helping and advicing Cisco employees But I understand too well that it may not be perceived positively by general public. On the other hand, let's face it: there are experts around on CSC who are knowledgeable and competent enough to give advice to anyone, including Cisco employees, so why basically prevent Cisco people from posting questions if they feel they can be best helped at CSC?

My personal suggestion is that Cisco employees should use a separate, guest-level account when asking questions on CSC. This way, their association with Cisco is not revealed and they still can use CSC to seek for answers.

Best regards,

Peter

My personal suggestion is that Cisco employees should use a separate, guest-level account when asking questions on CSC. 

I second this!

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This topic reminds me of a certain Cisco NCE from the UK who deleted the entire thread (along with all the responses) after getting the answer.

Yjdabear,

the post may have be removed by admins. That is the current policy, however it doesn't prevent employee questions to be posted in first place, or remain there for a long time.

What is ospf?

Ocular Sun Protective Factor

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bump, I see more and more Cisco employee (possible fresh hires from peripherals regions) coming up with questions, can we go back at having the warning that Java mentioned was in the previous software release ?

Bump, I see more and more Cisco employee (possible fresh hires from peripherals regions) coming up with questions, can we go back at having the warning that Java mentioned was in the previous software release ?

Hi Paolo,

You could "Report Abuse" the thread.  I wonder if someone can add "Cisco Employee" as an option?

Paolo,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Let me have a discussion with my team and see what we can do. 

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Thank you Dan !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links