Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client Authenticate Against Active Directory

CISCOBERG
Level 1
Level 1

IOS Version: c180x-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T4.bin

VPN Client Version: 5.0.07.0410

I want to authenticate our users against AD when they connect via the VPN. Is this possible on a 1801 router?

1 Accepted Solution
10 Replies 10

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ok Thanks.

What about authenticating against IAS? I currently have this setup for access to our router. Can it be setup for the VPN?

Yes, it can authenticate against IAS as IAS is running radius as the protocol and it does support radius server.

Can you send me a link to documentation that shows me how to configure the VPN to authenticate against IAS.

Thanks.

Here is the router configuration guide against radius server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800949ba.shtml

The example is using ACS server, however, you can configure your IAS server as the radius server as well.

Cheers.      

Thanks can access it now.

Hi Jennifer, Craig,

Been curious lately and thought that it would be great if I could understand how this actually work. Sorry for crashing into your thread.

I was wondering if I could have another link to this configuration document. Right now I can't access it says forbidden file or application.

I have an ASA 5510 which I want to work as the same thing, remote-users (with internet and Cisco VPN Client) being authenticated by Windows AD and be granted access VPN Access.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Here is a sample configuration to authenticate against AD on ASA:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808c3c45.shtml

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: