cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA, ASDM different from CLI?

Michael Couture
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone ever see a scenario where the ASDM does not show the changes on the ASDM that are made under the CLI? And yes I refreshed the ASDM, even shut the ASDM down and restarted it. I deleted some ACL entries and changed some, also changed the remarks. The remarks are still on the ASDM and will not go away. Each time I try to delete the remarks on the ASDM it tells me they don't exist. When I look at the CLI they are not there. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There have been such known issues with ASDM like missing remarks, duplicate remarks or unabel to  delete them, which most of them have been fixed in the interim 6.4.5.205 and 6.4.7, have you tried these images, these should take care of most of the unwanted issues that you face. These are available on cisco.com.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Please let me know the version of ASDM and ASA, i've seen some known issues.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao

ASA 8.4 (2) and ASDM 6.4 (5.106)

Thanks,

Mike

There have been such known issues with ASDM like missing remarks, duplicate remarks or unabel to  delete them, which most of them have been fixed in the interim 6.4.5.205 and 6.4.7, have you tried these images, these should take care of most of the unwanted issues that you face. These are available on cisco.com.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card