UCCX8.5 UCS - MOTD

Answered Question
May 16th, 2012

I am trying to build a script which will record a message of the day that can be applied by the customer at will.  (promptMOTD.wav)

I have several prompt recording scripts which were written for 3.5 and have converted then for use in 8.5. I have run the script whilst debugging and can see that the .wav file is saved into the uccx/customer folder however I am having trouble either playing it back to confirm it sound okay and subsequenlty writing that to a folder with the other prompts.

Can anyone advise on this?  Has anyone a script which can complete this already?

Regards  Bob

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Anthony Holloway about 1 year 11 months ago

Do note that the language directory is set by the language setting in the Upload Prompt step, and any sub folder of the language is simply prepended to the name of the file.

E.g., Prompts/user/en_US/folder1/file1.wav would be:

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Correct Answer by Anthony Holloway about 1 year 11 months ago

You do not (and to some degree, should not) use the local disk space for storing recordings.  You should only need to upload the recordings to the Prompt Repository.

The shortest recording script ever written:

Variables

Document r = null

User u = user[aholloway]

Script

Start

Accept

Authenticate User (u, pin = "12345")

Successful

1: r = Recording (p[], 60)

Successful

Upload Prompt (l[], name = "_"+new Date().getTime()+".wav", doc = r)

Successful

Goto 1

Unsuccessful

Unsuccessful

Unsuccessful

End

Provided the authentication, recording, and upload steps are all successful, this script will loop until the max steps is executed, providing a recording tone to signal the beginning of each new recording.  You will press # at the completion of each new recording.  Each new recording will then be named "_.wav" (where timestamp is the number of milliseconds since Jan 1, 1970 @ 12:00am) and then uploaded to the default language folder.

With the default max steps at 1,000, I estimate this little script can record up to 332 recordings.

Anthony Holloway

Average Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Anthony Holloway Wed, 05/16/2012 - 11:59

You do not (and to some degree, should not) use the local disk space for storing recordings.  You should only need to upload the recordings to the Prompt Repository.

The shortest recording script ever written:

Variables

Document r = null

User u = user[aholloway]

Script

Start

Accept

Authenticate User (u, pin = "12345")

Successful

1: r = Recording (p[], 60)

Successful

Upload Prompt (l[], name = "_"+new Date().getTime()+".wav", doc = r)

Successful

Goto 1

Unsuccessful

Unsuccessful

Unsuccessful

End

Provided the authentication, recording, and upload steps are all successful, this script will loop until the max steps is executed, providing a recording tone to signal the beginning of each new recording.  You will press # at the completion of each new recording.  Each new recording will then be named "_.wav" (where timestamp is the number of milliseconds since Jan 1, 1970 @ 12:00am) and then uploaded to the default language folder.

With the default max steps at 1,000, I estimate this little script can record up to 332 recordings.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway Thu, 05/17/2012 - 08:17

You're welcome.  Thanks for the rating.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway Thu, 05/17/2012 - 08:18

No I do not, sorry.  I avoid posting scripts to the forums for a few reasons.  Let me know if you have specific questions.

Anthony Holloway

robert.cooley Wed, 05/16/2012 - 14:02

Fantastic,  like you said as llong as the authentication passess.  Just require to adapt this to write to the correct directory with the correct name.  Thanks

Correct Answer
Anthony Holloway Thu, 05/17/2012 - 08:22

Do note that the language directory is set by the language setting in the Upload Prompt step, and any sub folder of the language is simply prepended to the name of the file.

E.g., Prompts/user/en_US/folder1/file1.wav would be:

Anthony Holloway

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted May 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Stats:
Replies:8 Avg. Rating:5
Views:600 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: ucs, -, motd, uccx8.5
+

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard