cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MacBook Pro camera - "movi can not connect to your camera"

mjwagneriu
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 17" unibody MacBook Pro and "movi can not connect to your camera".  I have no oher applications open.  What can I do to get Movi to recognize my built in camera?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have trouble I would anyhow try it with the latest version.

Lion (OS X 10.7) is officially first supported by Movi 4.3, or now called

"Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence (Movi)"

You can download Jabber TP 4.3 under the following link, it shall work with older deployments as well,

but in case ask your movi provider / it department what they say about a different version.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283613653&catid=280789323&softwareid=280886992&release=4.3.12.13351&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

Please vote answers and set the thread to answered if it is!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some more info might be helpful (os version, movi version, exact model type, if other devices are connected, ...)

Just tried it with my mba under lion, I can even have facetime and movi open at the same time accessing the selfview of the camera (facetime with a cropped mirrored and movi 4.2 with a standard view)

Can other applications access the cam? Did you try closing all other apps (activity monotitor or option comand esc can help you there)? Does you camera show up as a usb device in the system info? Did you check that no other user account

has some active connection to the cam? is the small LED besides the cam on?

Mac OS 10.7.2

2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Unibody MacBook Pro

8GB RAM

Movi Version 4.0 build 8151

All other camera applications work just fine.  Movi is the only application that does not recognize the camera.

My account is the only account on the laptop.

If you have trouble I would anyhow try it with the latest version.

Lion (OS X 10.7) is officially first supported by Movi 4.3, or now called

"Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence (Movi)"

You can download Jabber TP 4.3 under the following link, it shall work with older deployments as well,

but in case ask your movi provider / it department what they say about a different version.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283613653&catid=280789323&softwareid=280886992&release=4.3.12.13351&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

Please vote answers and set the thread to answered if it is!

Thanks Martin.  Great name by the way.

Interesting, I thought the same about your name as well!

Great to read that your issue seems to be fixed!

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Martin,

Under Preferences for Movi, did you try selecting Devices -> Video Input, and then Selecting the FaceTime Camera (Built in) option?

davidhale01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

I am having the same issue as the other Martin.  MacBook Air 11'', I had MOVI and it worked fine with the internal camera on SnowLeopard.  I upgraded to Lion and it does not recognize my internal camera.  I have downloaded and installed version 4.3 as you suggested, but I still have the same issue.  My camera works fine with Facetime, Photobooth, and Skype, just not with MOVI.  In the selection box for the audio & microphone, it says "Built-in-microphone", "Built-in-output", but in the video device it says "automatic selection" and the dropdown box doesnt' give you any other choices.  

Any ideas?

Thanks, David

SOLUTION FOUND:  At one point in time I had installed "iglasses" to test it out and then didnt' want to buy it, so uninstalled it.   Apparently I had not completely uninstalled it and this was causing conflicts with MOVI.   I re-downloaded the free demo of "iGlasses", and then uninstalled it, and it worked fine. 

Good that you found a sulution, also check that you are useing the right application.

"Movi" will not be replaced by "Jabber Video", so if you had Movi autostarted or open it manually,

this is not 4.3, you have to check that you start the "Jabber Video" application and best trash "Movi"

MEK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: