cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Movi 4.3 Phone Books

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

In the new Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence 4.3 (name just flows off the tongue)....I notice when searching entries in the phone book, it now breaks the device down into every possible dialing method.  So I can search for one device and it shows up 4 times by IP, E.164, SIP, etc.  Is this a new "feature" or potential defect if anyone else has noticed.

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

Jeremy Morris
Level 1
Level 1

all I get are email addresses.  No movi devices.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

This is not a new feature. What phonebooks have you given Movi access to? And check the entries in those phonebooks for what "contact methods" they have. An entry can have several contact methods linked to them including SIP, H323, E164, IP, EMail, Phone etc.. all these will show up when doing a lookup in the directory from Movi.

/Magnus

The only systems showing up with different addresses when I do a lookup in the directory from Movi, are systems which does not have an assigned SIP address - otherwise only SIP addresses show up for me - which is the way I like it.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi systems or other Movi users?

In order to be assigned a sip address the Movi user needs to log in at least once to get an associated device.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

All systems registered with a SIP address - and Movi users after they have logged in.

Systems not registered with a SIP address shows up with IP address, E.164 Alias and H.323 I.D.

jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Andrew Vasel
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like the issue we ran into when upgraded TMS to 12.6 way back whenever. As a result of seeing multiple entries per device, we changed to manual phonebooks that have only 1 entry / protocol per device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: