cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya CM and CUCM 8.6 BLF

ctcahoe
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone come across a configuration guide to get busy lamp fields working between an Avaya CM/SES and CUCM 8.6? We are using a SIP trunk right now and call routing is working great. We just need to get BLF's working between the two systems. I'll take any help I can get.

Thanks,

Chris             

3 Replies 3

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Chris,

I havent seen BLF working between CUCM and Avaya.

Below is the link which shows all the tested 3rd party deployment and most of them do not show BLF feature between CUCM and Avaya.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805b561d.html

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Agreed - it generally doesn't work between systems as it's pretty much always implemeneted in a proprietary way.

We would always advise clients to migrate users that have close working relationships that require BLFs, shared lines, pickup groups etc as a unit to the same phone system. If that's not practical then they'll just have to accept the limitations of being on separate systems.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

+5 to Aaron.

Customer must be educated that integrating phone systems is not like decorating an house with different pieces of furniture.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: