Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Some natting related problem Cisco 1941

Unanswered Question
May 18th, 2012
User Badges:

Hi,

Problem Description: We have configured natting on cisco 1941 series router for communication of ipela device from inside network to another ipela device over the internet. Internet is accessible from inside network but ipela device is not able to communicate with remote ipela device over the internet. However, when we get the same natting done on firewall, communication between ipela devices is occuring successfully.

Also attaching here the respective logs sh version, sh run, sh ip nat translation etc to understand the situation alongwith Network Diagram.

Suggest us on this issue.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Neeraj Arora Fri, 05/18/2012 - 06:42
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Ashutosh,

I do not see any discrepancy with the NAT configuration but all that is valid for the communication happening from inside to outside i.e inside users going to Internet which as per the logs is working fine

Now for IPELA, I can see that the port being used to establish connection is 1720 which is for H323, I would like to ask you whether this needs the connections initiated from both ends i.e both the IPELA devices or it works differently. If yes, then you need to configure a Static NAT for the inside IPELA device with a public ip or an ip which your leased line provider has given you (apart from the one which is configured on the interface i.e 192.8.214.18)

Lets assume you have the ip 192.8.214.19 give to you from ISP and the ip address of IPELA is 192.168.11.52

, the command you need to configure on the router is:

ip nat inside source static 192.168.11.52 192.8.214.19

Hope it helps

Neeraj

HCL Support Mon, 05/21/2012 - 05:41
User Badges:

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Now confirming you, there is DSL dialling technic using public address is used there for making communication.

Also I have already explained my problem by starting discussion here,

Problem Description: We have configured natting on cisco 1941 series router for communication of ipela device from inside network to another ipela device over the internet. Internet is accessible from inside network but ipela device is not able to communicate with remote ipela device over the internet. However, when we get the same natting done on firewall, communication between ipela devices is occuring successfully.

Please suggest further if we can have some solution for this case.

Ashutosh

Actions

This Discussion