Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS Replacement

yussetamayo
Level 1
Level 1

HI all

what would be the MARS replacement solution?

what Cisco tool, I need to correlate the different security alarms?

regards.                  

8 Replies 8

wallacem
Level 1
Level 1

There are a number of third party products out there. Juniper strm, rsa envision and splunk to name a few.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

A couple of notes:

• the Juniper STRM is an OEM version of QRadar, a SIEM product made by Q1 Labs
  • the same product (QRadar) is also OEM'd by Enterasys as their "Dragon Security Command Console"

mikecrowe4ICS_2
Level 1
Level 1

There is no CS-MARS replacement product offered by Cisco directly. They left that market segment when they killed MARS off. What they do instead is publish a list of "Technology Partners" that offer SIEM solutions recommended for use in Cisco environments.

The design guides for the partner products are posted in Cisco's "Design Zone" portion of their site, found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns742/ns744/ns1090/landing_siem.html

One of the linked documents linked, the "Lippis Report", explains the philosophy they've adopted now.

The program's "Cisco Developer Network" section also includes additional information on each of the partner products. 

Cisco Developer Network: Security Management Partners

For reference, these are the 6 recommended partners/products:

• ArcSight
  • LogLogic
  • netForensics
  • RSA
  • SenSage
  • Splunk

There are other options that aren't mentioned here, but this would be a decent place to start.

Message was edited by: Michael Crowe (better CDN link)

Anyone have any opinions on the various third party SIEMs? I still have MARS and haven't cared for the few I've looked at, so I'm clinging to MARS for now.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

IBM's QRadar solution has a very similar user interface layout and user experience to what MARS used to have, while providing a modern, up-to-date SIEM solution.

katembrew
Level 1
Level 1

An affordable SIEM option to replace Cisco MARS

Are there any experiences available with this Solarwinds Product...

Wehad a deep look for example at Arcsight, very good but this it's price (sure twice the MARS Costs)..

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

. .

---

Posted by WebUser Sri Hari from Cisco Support Community App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: