Helpful
Replies

Design for my network

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hello guys...

I need help to setup a best cisco design for my new locations:

I have 172 buildings that will connect with fiber (single mode)

Each building of this will use L2 switch with 24 port and also POE with 370 Watt power.

In head office will use 4500 series switch to connect all buildings over fiber..

So please tell me which is best solutions and how to conect then with correct SFP and power calculation also?

Do we need to check both sides SFP models that will use to connect HO with branches...?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
3 Replies 3

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

That sounds like a pretty big project you might want to get a Cisco Consultant at least for the initial deployment.

nytbringer
Level 1
Level 1

Some of the things you will have to consider:

- Number of nodes/users per site

- Number of devices that will use PoE. This will determine how much power you will need on the PoE switches.

- Distance between buildings (for fiber optic estimate). This will determine what type of fiber optic cable (multimode/singlemode) & the types of fiber modules (SFP/GBIC)

- Switches must be fiber optic ready

As mentioned before, it would be best if you engage a consultant to have a look at your design requirements.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How many fibre are you going to use per building?  One?  Two?  What speed are you pushing?  100 Mbps?  1 Gbps?  10 Gbps?  40 Gbps? 

In head office will use 4500 series switch to connect all buildings over fiber..

What is your supervisor card?  6E?  7E?  Will you be doing MPLS?  Aside from being used as a core/distro, what will this switch be used for?

Each building of this will use L2 switch with 24 port and also POE with 370 Watt power.

What uplink do you want with this L2 switch?  100 Mbps?  1 Gbps?  10 Gbps?

Do you plan to stack the switches?

What is the MINIMUM and MAXIMUM distance of the buildings?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: