Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Address Assignment

gaigl
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I've got an ASA5510 which should assign an address from a local pool to the client, address-pool is e.g. 192.168.239.5-192.168.239.250, mask 255.255.255.255. the pool is assigned via Group-Policy. The Client is AnyConnect 3.0.4235

If the client connects, he gets an address 192.168.239.9(preferred) but in the Windows Network-Config the Default-Gateway is 192.168.239.11 (most time one higher than the Client-Address!!!???

shouldn't the Gateway address be the same than the Client-Address?

anyway the Client can't find a Route to the Inside Networks.

I tried to assign the address via Connection Profile (Tunnel-Group) but with the same Result

The inside Networks are complete other Address-Space, so the Addresses from the Pool are virtual Addresses.

Any Hints?

Thanks

Karl

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Default gateway assigned should be fine as it will just send traffic destined towards the VPN tunnel towards the tunnel.

Do you have split tunnel configured? If not, please configure split tunnel policy and split tunnel ACL.

If you do not want to configure split tunnel, then just configure the split tunnel policy.

Pls share your configuration if you don't know how to configure it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Default gateway assigned should be fine as it will just send traffic destined towards the VPN tunnel towards the tunnel.

Do you have split tunnel configured? If not, please configure split tunnel policy and split tunnel ACL.

If you do not want to configure split tunnel, then just configure the split tunnel policy.

Pls share your configuration if you don't know how to configure it.

Hello Jennifer,

thank you for your advice, but I've now tried to configure split-tunnel (ACE with my internal networks) and I think I've tried all possibilitys: no success.

I think there is any other (simple) problem, that I don't see.

I'm sure I've already managed it, but now there is some testing with a Radius-Config, which works, but not the Tunnel.

can you please share your config so we can have a look at what might be the issue. thx

Sorry, i've found the real Problem:

an Access-List blocking udp, shame on me.

but anyway I learned a lot about "Split-Tunneling". Now everything is fine.

(I knew, it is a very simple Problem)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: