Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS start VMwares Automatically when down

asherif82
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an incident that one of our customer's UCS server C200 M2 has been down due to power failure. Since the customer location is too far out of the city it takes us some while to get there to run all the Vmwares (CUCM Pub,CUCM Sub, CUC) to work again manually using vsphere client .

I was wondering is there any configuration need to be done that when the UCS is getting started it automatically start all the hosted vmwares ?

Thanks,

Amr Sherif

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, configure automatic start/shut for all VMs in the vSphere client.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Hi

vSphere is the client application that you use to administer VMware hosts. This has settings for automatic machine start/shutdown in the 'configuration' tab and it is the only way that you will get the setting enabled.

This applies to UCS or any other platform that runs VMware.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, configure automatic start/shut for all VMs in the vSphere client.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I dont want to get in touch with vshphere, Just when power on the UCS chassis ,it automatically make the vmware station to work.

Thanks,

Amr Sherif

Hi

vSphere is the client application that you use to administer VMware hosts. This has settings for automatic machine start/shutdown in the 'configuration' tab and it is the only way that you will get the setting enabled.

This applies to UCS or any other platform that runs VMware.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

Thanks guys I found it.

Regards,

Amr Sherif

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: