Cisco AP1252AG-A-K9 V03 will not power up

Answered Question
May 21st, 2012

Hi everyone,

I just received this unit from *ugh! eBay noob*, I paid $140 for that access point for gaming room but there's problem that I tried to power up from Power Supply, it did not power up and also tried POE Injector and POE Switch, neither of them did not power them up but PWRINJ4 said Faulty (red blinking). I'm trying to figuring it out how to solve the problem. I don't have console but do have at college. I go RIT (Rochester Institute of Tech).

These power supply I tried:

- AIR-PWRINJ4

- Power Supply with 48v to 56v

- Cisco Catalyst Express 500 with all POE

Any idea what wrong with this unit?

Why it will not power up (the LED was not lit light)?

Does it mean the hardware faulty?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Leo Laohoo about 1 year 10 months ago

As what Steve said, the WAP is dead.

Average Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Stephen Rodriguez Mon, 05/21/2012 - 14:40

That sounds like a hardware issue to me.

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Playstation3_2 Mon, 05/21/2012 - 19:46

What hardware issue that will not power up? I guess I'll look for Cisco Repair with cheaper price.

Leo Laohoo Mon, 05/21/2012 - 15:17
Cisco Catalyst Express 500 with all POE

That won't work unless you removed both radio modules.  Make sure you have spare patch cables because if your patch cable is faulty you may have issues.

Power Supply with 48v to 56v

Where did you get this PS?  1250 power pack have an output value of 56v and 0.8A.

Can you console into the WAP?  The LED could be flashing green because the WAP is complaining that it's not getting enough power.  If this is the case, remove the two radio modules and try powering it up.  Just to test.

Playstation3_2 Mon, 05/21/2012 - 16:44

leolaohoo wrote:

Cisco Catalyst Express 500 with all POE

That won't work unless you removed both radio modules.  Make sure you have spare patch cables because if your patch cable is faulty you may have issues.

Tested with LAP1242AG with switch, it came up and running. AP1252AG without radio modules, still not lit up.

Power Supply with 48v to 56v

Where did you get this PS?  1250 power pack have an output value of 56v and 0.8A.

Cisco Power Supply from LAP1242AG. I read the 1252AG manual, it said Input power requirement is range from 36v to 57v.

Can you console into the WAP?  The LED could be flashing green because the WAP is complaining that it's not getting enough power.  If this is the case, remove the two radio modules and try powering it up.  Just to test.

Nothing of them lit up. Must be faulty inside. But is there any tip to try?

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted May 21, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Stats:
Replies:7 Avg. Rating:5
Views:818 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: up, power, v03
+

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard