ping ,Vlan ,

girish.patni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a test setup as given below

Diag.jpg

VLAN A has an ip address in subnet of 192.168.X.X /24

I need to ping the VLAN B interface from VLAN A,which is an interface on the 3560 belonging to VLAN A.

For this i introduced a static route on 3560 as:

ip route 172.16.X.0 netmask vlan A.

When i ping the VLAN B interface 172.16.X.C(connected to 7606) from VLAN A on 3560,it goes through but when i ping interface 172.16.X.D (another machine on same VLAN B ) the ping fails.

Pings from 7606 to all host on VLAN B are successful.

On 7606 i have advertised both the VLAN A and VLAN B under area 0.

There are no ACL applied on the 7606 .

Could anyone explain why the pings to connected vlan interface is successful but the other hosts on same vlan cannot be pinged.

3 Replies 3

Did you introduce the command ip route 172.16.x.0 netmask (ip address of the vlan A interface on the 7606)

The same has to be done on the router on the VLAN B side, like ip route 192.168.x.x netmask (ip address of the VLAN B interface of the 7606).

If you can attach us a config sample.

maxim.alyakin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

does hosts from vlan B has a default gateway? (it must be same as vlan B interface on 7606)

My first question is what is the default gateway for hosts on VLAN B? Where ever the default gateway is there will need to be a route back to the 7606.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: