I have been told to setup a network with proper security and QOS. The Setup includes
Head Office with 200 users
25 Branch offices connecting to HO with local telecom MPLS Cloud
20 International Branches connecting to HO over VPN
Video Conferencing with good Quality
Ensure having Redundant Internet link < 2 Internet Provider >
Decent Internet surfing speed with restriction to social networking sites
Hosting services at HO
- Centralized Mail services
- Centralized ERP Application
- Centralized Portal Hosting - Sharepoint
- Windows Server, DNS,DHCP
National Branch office should get IP address from HO
International Branch Office should contain
- Windows DHCP,DNS
- Internet Browsing Traffic from local provider
Available devices in HO
4507 series L3 Switch with 24 port SFP module + 48port 10/100/100 Ethernet module
3845 series Router X 2
2960 switches X 10
- Will the 4507 sufficient enough as BackBone Switch.
- Can VPN and MPLS service be enabled on same router? Is this recommended
what more hardware we would need and how to terminate both Internet links. The placement of MPLS router, VPN device on the network
1. For Kiwi syslog any specific setup in needed or follow the installation guide.
follow the installation guide
2. kiwi syslog is freeware i assume.
there is kiwi syslog freeware and not too
3.the configuration you posted will display all failed and passed only or more information.
dont forget to rate post
13MB Internet Bandwidth in HO, do we need to buy additional hardware to gurantee dedicated bandwidth for different services, not sure if qos can gurantee bandwidth incomming / outgoing.
3845 can push 13 Mbps of traffic without breaking a sweat.
planning to connect Servers, switches, routers to 4507
Ok, so I presume you're going to be using 1 Gbps or 10 Gbps? I wouldn't recommend plain 4507. Look at 4507R+E and Sup7E (not Sup7LE).