Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Installation error

banums
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting the following error when trying to install Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on Windows XP machine.

"The VPN client agent was unable to create the client DNS plugin manager"

Any suggestions please to fix this error

Thanks

banums

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

It is always recommended to install the VPN client with the AV and 3rd party applications off to avoid conflicts.

On the other hand, if this is solved, please mark this as answered and rate any post you find helpful.

Thanks.

Portu.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what version of anyconnect client are you trying to install? pls share the full file name of the software.

Also how do you install it, push from the ASA or manually installing it?

did the install finished or it does not finish installing the client? if the install is completed, can you please enable the vpnagent service from services panel.

I am trying to manually install the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Version 3.0.5080 on windows xp using administrator account

The Installation was not completed

Thanks

Hi Banums

Any Luck with this , I am having the same issue.

_MD

Re-installation with stopping most of the processes including antivirus solved the problem

Hi,

It is always recommended to install the VPN client with the AV and 3rd party applications off to avoid conflicts.

On the other hand, if this is solved, please mark this as answered and rate any post you find helpful.

Thanks.

Portu.

emenares
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem too. The following message was showing: "The VPN client agent was unable to create the client DNS plugin manager. A system restart may be required after the system extension approval, as prompted."

First I deleted Cisco any connect with the uninstaller.

Then, I solved it by checking and changing the folder for the kernel extensions. This should have the flag "restricted". This could be the cause of the misbehaviour. You can try to correct the setting as follows:

- Open Terminal and enter the following command, check if the kernel have the restricted flag:

ls -alO /private/var/db/KernelExtensionManagement

Output: "drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel restricted ..."

If you don't see this flag "restricted" do the following:

- Start macOS in recovery mode (press command-R at start-up).
- Open Terminal and enter the following command:

chflags restricted /V*/*/private/var/db/KernelExtensionManagement
- After a restart (in normal mode) you can verify the changed setting with the following command:

ls -alO /private/var/db/KernelExtensionManagement

- Install CIsco any connect

Best!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: