Cisco ISE is causing a denial-of-service effect on a MS DC

Unanswered Question
May 23rd, 2012

Hi all,

We are installing a PoC at a customer site and I have installed a Cisco ISE evaluation in a Vmware ESX environment.

I had only done a very basic configuration and joined the Cisco ISE to the domain. After a couple of days we got reports of a domain controller behaving very strange, customer could not logon to the DC and when sending a ping there where 50% packet loss.

Customer noticed that the Cisco ISE was very cpu intensive and was running at 100% and the same second the Cisco ISE appliance was reset, the domain controller started to respond again.

Well, that was kind of strange we thinked and believed it was just a coincident, but after some days again the same thing happened but on another DC, and we shutdown the ISE and all was good again.

Started up the Cisco ISE and removed it from the domain, it has not happened since then.

Because this is an evaluation version I have not managed to create a TAC case because they want a contract number and who has a contract number for an evaluation version.

Anyone knows what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Johan

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted May 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Stats:
Replies:0 Avg. Rating: