Helpful
Replies

Customized Application Name

afahmy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

I see in the Medianet config guide this line

Router(config-cmap)# match application testapplication.

from the application name, it looks like Application names are configurable/ customizable. Is this correct? How? i don't see in the config guide how that can be done.

Would be great if you can also confirm how the switch will be able to match incoming data to one of the applications it learns from the network. Is this thorugh the the SSRC field?

Thanks,

Ahmed.

3 Replies 3

Eric Yu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ahmed,

Check out this CCO configuration guide describing medianet metadata.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/mdata/configuration/15-2mt/mdata-frmwork.html

Note the "Verify Metadata" section. The output shows metadata attributes that will be consumable by CPL (aka, class-maps, policy-map).

regards,

Eric

Thank you Eric. i have read the guide, but need to confirm the following:

Does the CLI match application allow the router/switch to lookup the metadata database using the Synchronization Source Identifier (SSRC) to identify the application type -which it learns thru metadata database and then applies the relevant policy...

Thanks, Ahmed.

Hi Ahmed,

CPL consumes metadata information stored in the  metadata table  by corelating the flow's 5 tuple information with  learned metadata attributes from the flow. SSRC is not used as this  value is limited to only RTP flows.

Flow metadata supports TCP as well as RTP sessions.

regards,

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco