Views
Helpful
Replies

Pnexp command on MARS

Luis Carranza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I got a question about a step that I need to do before I upgrade the MARS (I'm going to upgrade from 6.0.8 to 6.1.5)

•          Step 2 - Run the “pnexp” command to prepare & export a backup to an NFS or SFTP remote server.  You can export just the MARS config, just data, or both.  See below for link to syntax help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cs-mars/6.0/command/reference/cref1.html#wp1137699

As I understand I need to run this command (pnexp) to made a backup of the MARS so that's mean that after the upgrade I'm going to lose all the configuration that I had before or it's just to prevent in case that something goes wrong and maybe I need to made a re-image of the device.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is just for backup in case the upgrade didn't go smoothly and you have to roll back to this current version.

If the upgrade is successful, all your data and configuration will remain as is.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is just for backup in case the upgrade didn't go smoothly and you have to roll back to this current version.

If the upgrade is successful, all your data and configuration will remain as is.