cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RAID array

carlos1983
Level 1
Level 1

any of you know if you can change the RAID array in a CallManager server to install it?.

thank you very much in advance.

Regards.

4 Replies 4

carlos1983
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry, in a server MCS 7825 H3

thanks again.

Hi

You could.. but you shouldn't. The RAID array is built by the CUCM install procedure based on what Cisco want to have on that specific hardware platform with that specific number of disks.

E.g. if you have two HDDs, you'll get a RAID1.

Why do you want to change it?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I don't want in really change the array, but the customer, he is, who really wants to change.

exist any documentation, where explaining that I don't have change the array?

thanks for your support

best regards.

There is no procedure for this since the CUCM is the one selecting, I think you can use the following to justify why you wont need to change it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/callpros.html

So it says that 7825s only support RAID 0 if there is only 1 HDD during server during installation of RAID1 if there are 2 HDDs, since it is the CUCM installer the one who defines this, you would need to re-install CUCM in a server with 2 drives to go from RAID 0 to 1. Besides that there is no other RAID possibility in the 7825s.

Hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: