Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750V2 switch in rommon mode

Dear all,

I am having big problem with cisco 3750V2 switch, the switch in rommon mode now, I have try to upgrade through Xmodem but no.

I have attached here the log file and scren shot file, is here any one who knows how to upgared rommon mode switch,

please have look on my case and support me.

Advance Thanks,

AHOSSAIN

10 Replies 10

smehrnia
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

try the following steps:

** Try a higher BAUD rate (switch: set BAUD 115200), restart your Terminal App and use the new baud rate. then retry.

** If you are using USB ports from PC, try a different port.

** Sometimes, on some PC's, USB Convertors crash in the middle of the process, although they seem good at the begining. try a different PC or Convertor.

plz Rate if it helped.

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The reason why you are getting this error message is because the appliance is waiting for the Upload but there's nothing coming.

Recovering Catalyst Fixed Configuration Switches from a Corrupted or Missing Image

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Referencing the message below, you probably have bad flash card, because the copy starts and than stops.

switch: copy xmodem: flash:c3750-ipbasek9-mz.150-1.SE2.bin

Begin the Xmodem or Xmodem-1K transfer now...

CCCCCCCCCCxmodem:: I/O error

HTH

Dear,

I have try all this but no, kindly anyone support me how can I solve out this problem.

Thanks

AHOSSAIN

Hi Ahossain,

I have done a bit of research on this issue and there are the following possibles causes:

1. Forgot to do a flash_init to initialise the filesystem before loading the image. Did you follow this step-by-step instructions?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

2. Corrupted image  - check it with /verify command on a working router.

3. Corrupted flash - re-format it.

4. Terminal application issues, e.g. I saw same issue when using Tera Term while HyperTerm worked fine - trying another terminal app.

5. Faulty HW - switch replacement.

Please let us know which steps you have tried.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

**Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Sorry still problem '' The system is unable to boot automatically. The BOOT environment variable needs to be set to a bootable image." another " Error loading "flash:image.bin"

Please help me in this case.

Thanks

AH

Hi,

Are you booting from ROMMON using "boot" command? Did you specify the full path to the file? E.g. "boot flash:image.bin".

Please copy here the full console output starting from boot command.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

**Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

The system is unable to boot automatically. The BOOT environment variable needs to be set to a bootable image." another " Error loading "flash:image.bin"

Console into the switch and reload.  Post the entire bootup process.

Touseef Gulgundi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I tried the steps metioned in the below link to upload IOS using XModem recently on a 3750 switch.

http://youtu.be/DunSgaMvb0E

Dear all,

finaly i have successfully recovering rommon mode, thanks everyone.

thanks

ahossain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco