Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV 120W Network Scanner No Longer Works

Darren Lewarne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have recently changed a couple of our companys office routers over from a netgear vpn router to this, all has gone well with the cisco router providing much better speed and reliablilty... But....

I have one little problem, at one of our offices they have a brother printer that has a scanner built in, since this change over the scanner does not seem to want to work,

as far as i can guess the router is blocking communication to the scanner, printing is working fine.

is there anything that I need to enable or add to the settings on the cisco to get this working?

I believe that the printer is using some kind of multicast to connect to the PC's

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, what information can I provide?

Thanks

Darren

1 Reply 1

linksysinfo
Level 4
Level 4

Try checking the Firewall settings under Attack Checks, maybe the scanner part is broadcasting multicast packets perhaps? or udp floods on the lan?

just a thought. try setting up logging and enable all unicast and all broadcast / mulltcast packets and see if they are being dropped in the logs

Regards Simon
http://www.linksysinfo.org

Regards Simon
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: