I'm trying to add new Device Phone in call manager 8.6
However, I can't find the Edge 95 MXP phone type.
Do I have to upload any firmware or choose other similar phone type??
The mxp units can be registered to cucm as third party (basic) endpoints.
Please find the steps to register mxp.
Configure sip settings on mxp such as sip uri and proxy address.
1. Sip Mode: on
3. Server Discovery : manual
4. Server Address: ip address of cucm.
5. Server Type: cisco
6. Transport: let it be auto however incase that did not work, change to udp.
7. TLs: off
8: Sip authentication user name: user you have created on cucm eg 9011 or amlesh
9. Password: use same password configured while creating user 9011 or amlesh
1. Select third party basic profile.
2. add mac address of mxp endpoint.
3. select proper sip profile, phone templates etc.
4. under digest user and owner user id select the same user eg: 9011 or amlesh
5. save the configuration and assign same DN that we used in sip uri settings on mxp.
6. Also associate mxp device to user using device association pane on cucm.
Please let me know if these work for you. I have tried this in my lab and that works.
Unfortunately MXP endpoints are still not supported to be registered to the CUCM. The support is only available for C series and Ex series devices as of now. You can check the release notes of the MXP software for any updates in the future.