Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Provisioning Extension services: BASE GROUP Configuration Issue

I was trying to configure the TMS Provisioning Extension services and i got stuck in Base Group Value?

Error was getting something like the Base group value which i given was wrong. And it's asking me to check with TMS Administrator. Unfortunatly i am the one who configured the TMS also. but i didn't find something like Base Group value.

In my scenario i have two VCS Control, two VCS Expressway, and a TMS. I have the clustering configured on both VCS Control and Expressway. and i need to use TMS Provisioning Extension Service for Cisco Movi.

Where i can find the Base Group Configuration value?

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Ok now I get it. You don't configure this on the VCS. When I tried the same you only get this as you mentioned.

Go on the TMS --> Systems navigator , find your VCS and go to the provisioning tab

Select the base group here from the list.

After this is done and the connection is successful go to the VCS and look at the base group field:

The value has been synched with TMS so basically you don't have to type anything here. Do it from the TMS web gui.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

jusstone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nikhil,

Is it possible you could provide a screenshot of the error you're getting?

Thanks,

Justin

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The base group value is usually root to include everything in the tmspe "provisioning directory". However you can create any child groups you want and use this as base group.

I'm not in front of a tms webinterface now but i'm pretty sure you can click a browse button and select the base group from a list..

Hope this helps

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi, i tried to give the Base Group ID as TMS Provisioning Directory root folder name, it's not working and i am getting the  below mentioned error message from VCSC.

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

Just to give you an idea, here's how I've configured it, with base group using JCU folder, which in this case is top level.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi,

Ok now I get it. You don't configure this on the VCS. When I tried the same you only get this as you mentioned.

Go on the TMS --> Systems navigator , find your VCS and go to the provisioning tab

Select the base group here from the list.

After this is done and the connection is successful go to the VCS and look at the base group field:

The value has been synched with TMS so basically you don't have to type anything here. Do it from the TMS web gui.

/Magnus

Hi, i am not able to see the Provisioning Mode option in Administrative tools > Configuration > General Settings.

Administrative tools > Configuration > Provisioning Extension Settings tab also is not coming. I am using TMS Version 13.2 and VCS x7.1.

Do i need to configure something to get enable the TMS Provisioning Extension Service on TMS.

Please help me.

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

Hi Nikhil

It looks like you did not install the provisioning extension on TMS. TMSPE is a separate software that you need to install on the server that has TMS 13.2 installed. This will enable the provisioning extension in the TMS webinterface.

Please look in following thread for DOCUMENTATION links and DOWNLOAD links. I also recommend you to read through the TMSPE Deplyment guide / installation guide since this will give you the basic steps to set up provisioning using the new provisioning model.

Link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3624374#3624374

Hope this helps

/Magnus

I have TMSPE installed and I'm not seeing this either.

Hi,

Please check you have the Cisco TMS provisioning extension option key enabled on TMS.

Thanks

Sudheer

The term "TMS provisioning extension option key" can be a bit confusing as it implies that a special key is required, when all that's needed is existing Movi licenses, which is then automatically changed to "Provisioning Licenses" in 13.2 with TMSPE.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And just in addtion to what is correctly mentioned by Sudheer, if you have the Movi license key already installed, this key will automatically convert to the provisioning extension license key. So if you already have a Movi key you should be good to go. But please look in the other thread for the documentation and the download links since I suspect that this is not installed on the TMS server.

(Just to avoid confusion on this)

/Magnus

To change the legacy mode to provision extension mode on the vcs, do you need to first enable TMSPE on the TMS13.2?

I am alittle lost here. Please anybody shed some light on this?

Zaw,

please read through the deployment guide for Provisioning Extensions, available at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmspe/install_guide/Cisco_TMSPE_Deployment_Guide_1-0.pdf.

This guide contains detailed installation and configuration steps for setting everything up on TMS and on the VCS, and should answer all of your questions.

- Andreas

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The tmspe is not included in 13.2 but is an extension which is installed on top of tms 13.2 which allows you to enable provisioning extension in general settings where you usually enable tms agent.

/magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: