cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Time Zones and Holidays

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

I've worked with Unity Connection a great deal since version 2.  Many installations, integrations, support issues, upgrades.  Though I have seldom worked on a system that spanned Time-Zones.  I have learned a few audiotext lessons over the past two weeks, like don't use the Routing Rules to make decisions for you based on a schedule (in a multi Time-Zone environment) because the routing rules only observe the home Time-Zone of the server.  This is easily remedied by adding more Call Handlers.

The one issue that created the most trouble for me was that it appears that defined Holidays also observe the home Time-Zone of the server.  First some specifics from cmplatform Show>System:

Time ZoneAmerica/Kentucky/Louisville (US Eastern Time)
LocaleEnglish (United States)
Product Version8.6.1.20000-1

I have created a schedule for Company A that is Open 8am - 6pm Monday-Friday.  I have then created a Call Handler with this active schedule applied.  Further, I have put that Call Handler into a specific Time Zone.  This is done by unchecking the "use system default time zone" box and subsequently selecting the desired Time Zone from the drop down box.  I selected America/Chicago (US Central Time).  This Call Handler provides different greetings to the caller based on this active schedule and it works correctly per the times and time zone applied.  However, in pre-testing the Holiday call flow greetings I just happened to be calling in during the 11pm hour (CT) on a Friday that I had specified as a Holiday (12:00am to end of day).  Every attempt I made to force the caller into the Holiday Greeting was failing, instead it was going to the Closed Greeting.  I began to wonder if I had a bug, but when I instead specified Saturday as a holiday and removed Friday, the Holiday greeting was heard.  I reverted the settings back a forth a few times while I was in the 11pm hour to verify.

Therefore, while my Call Handler was in the correct time zone and the correct schedule applied, and the holiday schedule applied to the schedule, it seems that the Holiday I specified for Friday was in Eastern Time and therefore only active between the hours of 11pm Thurs - 11pm Friday in the Central time zone.  Since the holiday ended at 11pm Central I was able to witness this issue during my testing.

I cannot find any documentation that would confirm or refute this.  Unfortunately most of the good AudioText documentation was writtten years ago before the Unity Connection platform and Holiday greetings were introduced.  Has anyone else seen this or dealt with it?  Since the Holiday Schedule does allow you to set both date and times I assume the resolution in this case is to set multiple holiday schedules and set your Central Time Holidays to be observed from 1am (day of Holiday) to 1am (day after Holiday).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

droberts29
Level 1
Level 1

I recently experienced the same issue when setting up a new Unity Connection 8.6 server. TAC has so far responded that they were able to reproduce the issue and filed it under bug id CSCud93698, but there is apparently no fix available at this time.  Since the software does not check the system handler time zone, I presume the workaround would be to create a unique holiday schedule for each location with times offset for the appropriate timezone.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

droberts29
Level 1
Level 1

I recently experienced the same issue when setting up a new Unity Connection 8.6 server. TAC has so far responded that they were able to reproduce the issue and filed it under bug id CSCud93698, but there is apparently no fix available at this time.  Since the software does not check the system handler time zone, I presume the workaround would be to create a unique holiday schedule for each location with times offset for the appropriate timezone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: