CME 9.0 - Issue with corporate directory integration

Unanswered Question
May 30th, 2012
Hi team,

We are setting up Call manager express v9.0 for one of our new branch offices. We need to integrate the corporate directory of CME phones (using SCCP) with the corporate directory of our Call manager in the Central site. The CME has a H.323 trunk to CUCM in central site. I have already added the required configuration to point the CME directories url to the
directories url of the CUCM (using the telephony service -> url directories command). I have verified that the CME integration with CUCM Corporate directory is working fine if the CME phone is a Cisco 7960, Cisco 7937 phone or a CIPC. However if the CME phone is a Cisco 7975 or 7961, the corporate directory integration is not working. First thing is that if we select Corporate directory on 7975/7961, we are getting "Host not found" error. Also, we are getting duplicate entries for Missed calls, Received calls and Placed calls. We have seen the same issue with CME 8.6 as well (we have recently upgraded CME from 8.6 to 9.0 and the issue is still there). We are mainly concerned about 7975 phones as we will be mostly using 7975s in our new office. I have already logged a Cisco TAC case for this and the TAC engineer mentioned that Corporate
directory integration does not work for Java based phones like 7975.

So, could you please let me know how I can fix/work-around this issue? I need 7975 CME phones' corporate
directory to show something more tahn CME local contacts. Can the CME url directories point to some file
present locally on CME (flash?). We will somehow populate the required contacts in that file.

Or is their any other option here?

Regards,
Swati

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 05/30/2012 - 06:10

I have written an ASP module (VBscript) to integrate AD directory. it has few options like unlimited results paged handling, multisite support to retain local CME directory as well. You can contact me at the email address present in my profile.

swati-singh Wed, 05/30/2012 - 23:51

Thanks a lot, Paolo. I have sent you an offline mail regarding this. Could you please send me the module and let me know how that can be used/deployed to integrate CME with AD?

Regards,

Swati

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted May 30, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:4
Views:887 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard