Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Already registered on OnPlus Portal - unable to add an already activated device/customer

Answered Question
May 30th, 2012
User Badges:

Hi,

I registered on OnPlus.

Then my colleague registered and activated a device.

I have been unable to activate the device - even though my PC is on the same subnet and can login to it just fine (with password provided by my colleague).

When he sends me an invite for the device - it takes me to the registration page.

If I enter my registration details (again) - I get (no surprises)...

"We have encountered a problem with your submission. Please correct the following errors. This User ID is already registered."

Yet - there was no option for "I'm already registered".

When I login to OnPlus and attempt to 'Add Customer' - I put in the details and then it goes to the activation screen with

"CustomerX / Status

To activate this customer:

Install the OnPlus Network Agent at the customer premises and connect it to the customer LAN.

Apply power to the OnPlus Network Agent using the slider switch on the back panel of the OnPlus Network Agent.

If your computer is connected to the same network as the OnPlus Network Agent, click the Activate Now button below.

Otherwise, follow the activation instructions in the Getting Started guide for the Cisco OnPlus Network Agent.

The activation information for this customer is:

Activation ID: ....."

If I click Activate it says

"Unable to determine a local IP address for any OnPlus Network Agent on your current network.

Verify that the OnPlus Network Agent is connected to the same local network as this browser. The OnPlus Network Agent must be located on the same public WAN IP address block (203.25.x.x) as your current web browser.

Non-activated OnPlus Network Agents will attempt to broadcast their IP for up to 30 minutes and if successful will display here for up to 4 hours. Try power-cycling the OnPlus Network Agent if it has been online for longer than 30 minutes.

Check that DHCP service is running on the local network so that the OnPlus Network Agent is able to acquire an IP address via DHCP. You will be able to change the OnPlus Network Agent to use a static IP address if you choose to (recommended), but DHCP service is required to initially access the OnPlus Network Agent.

Check that DHCP clients can route to the Internet.

If the site hosting the OnPlus Network Agent has multiple WAN paths to the Internet, try refreshing this page. Your browser must access this page from the same WAN IP address as the OnPlus Network Agent."

We even tried power cycling it and I'm definitely on the same subnet.

There was no option to enter an IP address anywhere manually - in relation to "Unable to determine a local IP address for any OnPlus Network Agent on your current network."

I can ping the device and even login to its GUI. There simply doesn't appear to be any means of adding this device to my own OnPlus portal account.

What to do please?

Correct Answer by James Isbell about 5 years 2 months ago

Hello Brett -

The On100 device can be associated with only one customer, and a customer cannot exist in multiple Agent accounts. From your description I understand that your colleague signed up as an OnPlus Agent, created a customer account, then activated the On100 device under this new customer.

That being the case, it is possible for you to have access to the customer site by becoming a sub-agent under your colleague's OnPlus Agent account.  And from the description above, it seems your colleague has already sent you an invitation to become a sub-agent.  The problem now is that you previously registered your CCO id as an OnPlus Agent.  It is not possible for a single CCO id to be both an Agent and a sub-Agent in the OnPlus portal.

To permit your registration as a sub-agent, we need to remove your CCO id from the portal.  This is a manual step that I am happy to assist you with.  Simply unicast your Agent account info to [email protected] .  Once I remove your CCO id you will be OK to complete the sub-Agent registration.

Here is a bit more info on creating sub-Agents in the OnPlus portal.  From a previous post answer courtesy jamwyatt:

In the account that contains the ON100 Network Agent, you can add other agents, by invitation. On the main overview page, there is an agent menu at the top that will allow you to invite agents. Once you invite an agent, and they sign up, they will be able to see the same view that you see. The design intent is that you set up a main account for your business, then you invite other employees/contractors to join as agents of that account. Each invitee will need a Cisco ID and once they sign-up, they will need to be approved by the main account holder (Same agent menu, 'Pending Agents' selection). Using this approach, the business owner retains the main account and can completely manage all agents.

Regards,

- r.

Overall Rating: 0 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
James Isbell Wed, 05/30/2012 - 17:31
User Badges:

Hello Brett -

The On100 device can be associated with only one customer, and a customer cannot exist in multiple Agent accounts. From your description I understand that your colleague signed up as an OnPlus Agent, created a customer account, then activated the On100 device under this new customer.

That being the case, it is possible for you to have access to the customer site by becoming a sub-agent under your colleague's OnPlus Agent account.  And from the description above, it seems your colleague has already sent you an invitation to become a sub-agent.  The problem now is that you previously registered your CCO id as an OnPlus Agent.  It is not possible for a single CCO id to be both an Agent and a sub-Agent in the OnPlus portal.

To permit your registration as a sub-agent, we need to remove your CCO id from the portal.  This is a manual step that I am happy to assist you with.  Simply unicast your Agent account info to [email protected] .  Once I remove your CCO id you will be OK to complete the sub-Agent registration.

Here is a bit more info on creating sub-Agents in the OnPlus portal.  From a previous post answer courtesy jamwyatt:

In the account that contains the ON100 Network Agent, you can add other agents, by invitation. On the main overview page, there is an agent menu at the top that will allow you to invite agents. Once you invite an agent, and they sign up, they will be able to see the same view that you see. The design intent is that you set up a main account for your business, then you invite other employees/contractors to join as agents of that account. Each invitee will need a Cisco ID and once they sign-up, they will need to be approved by the main account holder (Same agent menu, 'Pending Agents' selection). Using this approach, the business owner retains the main account and can completely manage all agents.

Regards,

- r.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content