Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Trying to Change RF Channel on APs on NCS

Answered Question
May 31st, 2012
User Badges:

Hi,

I'm looking to make a few adjustments to out wireless network and need to change the RF channels on a few APs.

I've logged on to NCS went into the AP, an 1142N,  then the Radio 802.11 b/g/n and changed the RF channel under custom.

Once I pressed the save button the channel reverts back to its original channel. I've also tried this on a 1242AG the same thing happens.

I then went to the controller and tried to change the RF channel there and it took the change. I pressed apply logged out went back to NCS

made the change under custom and again it reverted back after I pressed the save button. I went back into the controller and the channel had also

reverted back even thought it gave the impression it took the changel.

Any ideas ?

Correct Answer by Scott Fella about 5 years 2 months ago

If you make the change from the WLC, buy clicking on the AP and configure.  Make sure that you set it to custom and then set your channel and hit apply.... don't go back to NCS to verify right away.  You might need to wait for NCS to see the change.  I would go an review the 802.11b/g/n on the wireless tab and make sure your channel is set and not globally overridden.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Scott Fella Thu, 05/31/2012 - 14:51
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

If you make the change from the WLC, buy clicking on the AP and configure.  Make sure that you set it to custom and then set your channel and hit apply.... don't go back to NCS to verify right away.  You might need to wait for NCS to see the change.  I would go an review the 802.11b/g/n on the wireless tab and make sure your channel is set and not globally overridden.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network