Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Flashcard

I have a user with a faulty compact flash card.  The 8GB card is out of stock in UK distribution at the moment.

Is this a special card or can I purchase a standard flash card to perform the same purpose?

Thanks,

Paul                  

6 Replies 6

abillington
Level 1
Level 1

standard cards have been done before - but there is a possibility

you'll have support issues if problems in future?

Andy

On 31/05/2012, pcparamedicsolutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

If the system is still under a SBSC contract then no you cannot use another card, the minute that box is opened the support contract is void. Also not sure why you would when it is under contract, you can get advanced replacement done on the system, they don't just replace the card they also replace the whole unit

However if there is no support contract, then an 8GB Transcend, or Sandisk are the only two you want to use, they are the only ones to successfully work every time without an issue.

However if the original card has gone bad, then your problem is going to be how to get the PowerPC linux on the new one and all the Cisco files as well If the faulty card can still be accessible on a PC you could try and do a 1-1 copy or repair the card.

Good luck

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Why would I be opening the box as the card is in the front?

I was under the impression this was used purely for storing voicemail, it's that part that's broken.

It could well be that the box is still under warranty however their original CP is no longer contactable.  I assume I can check warranty status ourselves if we have the serial number?

Paul

Hi Paul,

OK a lapse in judgement on my part, if it is a UC-560 then yes it is at the

front of the system, interesting though as the ones I have seen have all

been 2GB... Mate go hard put in the other card, it should work so long as

the iOS recognised it

Cheers,

David Trad

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

On Jun 1, 2012 7:59 AM, "pcparamedicsolutions" <

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Yes agreed it will probably be a 2GB however I could only find an 8GB SKU online, all out of stock.

If you could give me an example of a model number of an alternative that would be super.

Seperately any idea what the 2GB Cisco SKU would be?

Thanks for your help!

The Cisco part number is MEM-CF-2GB=

Change the 2GB to what you require for other sizes, or remove the equals sign if your distie doesn't carry the spare part numbers.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: