cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot add CM to CM Cluster because publisher has underscore _ in it's name.

Jay Reed
Level 1
Level 1

I am adding another CM to our Cisco CM Cluster but cannot because the Publisher has an underscore in it's name.  These are VM CMs running CM version 8.5.1.11900-21.  I ge the following error when attempting to add the node.

Invalid hostname CM_BHAMCM-01.  A hostname must start and end with an alphanumberic character, and may contain any alphanumeric character or hyphen in between.  It cannot be "localhost" or an ip address.

I have tried leaving it blank, and a few other things.... but if I replace the underscore _ with a hyphen -, it goes to the next step.  What are my options here.  Do I need to rename the Publisher to get around this.  Besides the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group Members needing to be updated, what else can this affect.  The names of the Pub and Sub are not in our DNS server.

Thanks,

J Reed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

J Reed,

I always avoid using underscores so  cannot comment on the error, but if you have to change the hostname here is doc with intructions on how to do this in the correct order:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_6_1/ipchange/ipchg861.html

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

J Reed,

I always avoid using underscores so  cannot comment on the error, but if you have to change the hostname here is doc with intructions on how to do this in the correct order:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_6_1/ipchange/ipchg861.html

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Looks like this is what I've got to do.  I'll do this and then give it a shot.

J Reed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: