Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Backups Created multiple times

craig.phillips
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone has run into an issue of their Unity backups being performed 2-3 times when it was only scheduled once.

So if it is scheduled to backup at 6:05AM it will run successfully three times at 6:05, 6:10 and 6:12. There are not warnings in the backup history. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Craig,

Can you please clarify if this is Unity or Unity Connection and the exact version

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Hey Rob!

We are running Unity Connection

Version 7.1.2.20000-140

Ever heard of this issue before?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Craig,

Do you have multiple Message Stores configured? If so, I blieve this is working as designed

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob,

If you look at the linked screenshot it shows the backups being completed individually at first. Then suddenly it starts creating multiples come the 19th.

http://i.imgur.com/CVWfI.png

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Craig,

Yeah...that's very weird!

It looks like it's gone to 3 per night now I've looked for bugs that might explain this

behavior and have come up empty.

I would really try to move this to a TAC case at this point. We really had some crazy things happen

when we were running 7.1(2) it was a very buggy build. You might want to look at upgrading to

7.1(3b)su2 as it has been an extremely solid build.

Sorry man! You could also try a re-boot as a first step as well.

Cheers!

Rob

Hello,

Funny today I have found one of my customer cluster doing the same but with CUCM 7.1.5.31900-3

I have restarted the DRF Master after looking in the logs without finding anything. I will update later

Since I am going to holidays and it is not critical I will check on my return.

Christian

Screenshot below:

Hey just an update on my case for future reference. All I had to do was restart the DRF Master service and everything is functioning as it should. Thanks!

Hey Craig,

Thanks for posting back with your results here! +5 for this very

kind gesture

Cheers!

Rob