Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ospf passive interface vlan

Hello,

Our network is a ring with fiber optic. We have one 3560X per branch, they are connected with OSPF and ip segment /30.

The problem is that we are going to add switch 3560X on the ring, and they are not stackable, there will be a trunk between the two swither... So I have two routers ospf (3560X) to distribute the same network.... I made a test with packet tracer, it seems I need to put "passive-interface vlan x (data) where there will be one 3560X, and have to disable this CLI on the two 3560X that are connected in trunk and distribute the same data networks...

Is this a good way ?

There is a map of part of the network in attached piece.

Thanks for your help !

Regards,

Gerald

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since you are running OSPF on all your device, all you need to do is to create a /30 subnet between the top and the bottom 3560s (in the middle) and turn on OSPF.  Also, on the 3560 on the far left of your drawing, replace the 10.10.0.0 0.255.255 with specific subnet (SVI) example:

10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

10.1.2.0 0.0.0.255

and so on

HTH

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

If i create ospf between top and bottom switch, there wont be problems as they have same networks and trunks between them?

Users on top and bottoms are in the same data vlans.

Thanks,

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: